In 2011, General Mills was ranked #2 on Fortune Magazine's "Global Top Companies for Leaders”. Therefore, this week's webinar was hosted by John Church, SVP, Supply Chain and Kevin Wilde, VP, Organisational Effectiveness and Chief Learning Officer, both at General Mills, who highlighted how the company has effectively tapped into its talent for growth.
They detailed how talent has become a natural rhythm of the business, developing a mindset where the people are a product in which to invest and build for the future.
- Leadership behaviour, technical mastery and integrated supply chain competencies as the basis of people development
- The General Mills Leadership Institute as a means of managing the transition points in a leader’s career
- Executing a practical talent roadmap for systematic assessment and planning
- Engineering a competency roadmap to establish readiness for the next leadership role
- The T-model as a means of combining technical mastery with the critical characteristics of leadership